Unearthly - Cynthia Hand

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Title: Unearthly
Author: Cynthia Hand
Pages: 435
Genre: Young Adult/Paranormal
Publication Date: 1/4/2011

In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees . . . .

Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what that is, though, isn't easy.

Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place—and out of place at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.

As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make—between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?

Unearthly is a moving tale of love and fate, and the struggle between following the rules and following your heart. (Goodreads)



This turned out a lot different than I expected but in a good way.

I was skeptical about another angel book after the Fallen books (which I liked, but I want my answers!!) and my failed attempts at starting Hush, Hush (which I will read eventually). I was quite impressed by Unearthly. Clara is a great character. She is part angel, but doesn't always act like one. In fact, in a lot of ways she actually acts her age, which is nice for a change. A lot of characters act older or younger than what you would expect.


I genuinely enjoyed reading this - and I don't think you will be disappointed in the romance department. I'm not going to say too much on that. ;)

Honestly, this one went a lot differently than I had expected. Some plots are so see through that it takes the fun out of reading, but this one wasn't too bad. Some parts were predictable but for the most part I wasn't sure what to expect. I can't wait until Hallowed comes out. It is expected to be released in Jan. 2012.


What I give this book:
Photobucket



Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for any comments! I always try to comment back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...