P.S. I Love You - Cecelia Ahern

Thursday, May 26, 2011

"A novel about holding on, letting go, and learning to love again.

Now in paperback, the endearing novel that captured readers' hearts and introduced a fresh new voice in women's fiction — Cecelia Ahern.

Holly couldn't live without her husband Gerry, until the day she had to. They were the kind of young couple who could finish each other's sentences. When Gerry succumbs to a terminal illness and dies, 30-year-old Holly is set adrift, unable to pick up the pieces. But with the help of a series of letters her husband left her before he died and a little nudging from an eccentric assortment of family and friends, she learns to laugh, overcome her fears, and discover a world she never knew existed.
" (barnesandnoble.com)

I'm not even sure where to begin with this novel. I laughed, I teared up, and it made me think deeply about my own husband and what I would ever do without him here with me. Ms. Ahern wrote this beautifully. It follows Holly through the months after her husband's death and tells us of how she survives without him. Sometimes she is barely living and other times she manages to pretend to live. It is an amazing journey she takes us on as she learns to live without her other half.

Most of the time when I really enjoy a book, I like to zip through it, and while I was hoping to have finished it sooner, I felt more satisfied with it, even though it took me longer. Maybe this is the kind of book that needs to be taken in slowly. It is full of such strong emotions and truly grabs at your heart.

I felt as though I was in her shoes while I was reading. I could never imagine having lost someone, whether I had been with them for one year or one hundred.

For those of you (who like myself) have seen the movie, it is a bit different. For one, it does have some Irish style speaking in it, as Ms. Ahern is Irish and it takes place in Ireland, but it did not cause me to enjoy it any less. They both have still successfully caused me to become emotional though. ;)

Now, with that being said, I would definitely recommend this fantastic novel!

What I give this book:

Photobucket


Off to find something to read next. :)



Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for any comments! I always try to comment back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...