Waiting On Wednesday - 7/6

Wednesday, July 6, 2011


This is a meme done by quite a few book review bloggers, and hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

Waiting On Wednesdays shows books that I am stoked about and can't wait to read!

Clockwork Angel
Cassandra Clare
*already released*

In a time when Shadowhunters are barely winning the fight against the forces of darkness, one battle will change the course of history forever. Welcome to the Infernal Devices trilogy, a stunning and dangerous prequel to the New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments series.

The year is 1878. Tessa Gray descends into London’s dark supernatural underworld in search of her missing brother. She soon discovers that her only allies are the demon-slaying Shadowhunters—including Will and Jem, the mysterious boys she is attracted to. Soon they find themselves up against the Pandemonium Club, a secret organization of vampires, demons, warlocks, and humans. Equipped with a magical army of unstoppable clockwork creatures, the Club is out to rule the British Empire, and only Tessa and her allies can stop them.…


Forever
Maggie Stiefvater
July 12, 2011

The thrilling conclusion to #1 bestselling Shiver trilogy from Maggie Stievater

In Maggie Stiefvater's SHIVER, Grace and Sam found each other. In LINGER, they fought to be together. Now, in FOREVER, the stakes are even higher than before. Wolves are being hunted. Lives are being threatened. And love is harder and harder to hold on to as death comes closing in.


Lola and the Boy Next Door
Stephanie Perkins
September 29, 2011

For budding costume designer Lola Nolan, the more outrageous, the outfit - more sparkly, more fun, more wild - the better. But even though Lola's style is outrageous, she's a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifthe dreaded Bell twins move back into the house next door.

When the family returns and Cricket - a gifted inventor and engineer - steps out from his twin sister's shadow and back into Lola's life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.


Can I just take a minute to be excited about Forever?? *SQUEE!* I haven't had a chance to read the second book yet (Linger), but I fell in love with Shiver. The only thing is I am sad to know this is the last of the Shiver books. :( I hope it will have a satisfying ending!


Photobucket

12 comments:

Jenny said...

I am most definitely looking forward to Lola and the Boy Next Door and Forever. Great picks!

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

You have an intriguing set of WOW books! Thanks for sharing....

Here's MY WOW POST

Jan von Harz said...

All great picks and books I am looking forward to too.

Rebecca said...

Looks like you are waiting on three great books. I',m a new follower:)
~Rebecca
www.bendingthespine.blogspot.com

Samantha said...

I am just glad I don't have much longer to wait on Forever. I am going to try to get Linger and a couple others over the weekend. :)

Jenny said...

Lola and the Boy Next Door sounds very fun! I still haven't read Shiver but I'm planning on it next week.

Samantha said...

Ohhh you HAVE to read Shiver! I can't quit talking about that book...

Arianna said...

Clockwork Angel is actually already out. It was really good! The next one, Clockwork Prince, will come out December 6, 2011.

Please stop by my WOW.

Samantha said...

D'oh me! I was looking at them on BN and it only had the pre-order option, of course now it is there so I'm not sure what happened *head scratch* Thanks for telling me though. :)

Obsession with Books said...

Great picks!

I am a new follower :)

My WoW, http://obsessionwithbooks.blogspot.com

Samantha said...

Thanks for following!

Rachel said...

I just started reading Clockwork Angel too and I am liking it so far.

Good picks, definitely looking forward to Forever and Lola and the Boy Next Door!

My WOW: http://rachelreader.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-12.html

Post a Comment

Thanks for any comments! I always try to comment back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...