Across the Universe - Beth Revis

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Title: Across the Universe
Author Beth Revis
Pages: 398
Genre: Young Adult|Science Fiction|Dystopia
Publication Date: 1/1/11
Rating: *****
Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone - one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship - tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now, Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.


WOW! I seriously could not put this book down (unless it was absolutely necessary). This was way different than a lot of the things I have read and I am dying over here to buy A Million Suns, the next in the trilogy.

There are so many lies, secrets, and unexpected twists and turns, it keeps you hooked! Across the Universe is told from the perspectives of Amy and Elder. Amy and her parents are cryogenically frozen aboard Godspeed, the ship that is taking select people to a new planet to live. Elder has known nothing but life on Godspeed. When Amy is unfrozen too soon, mysteries and secrets begin to unravel as both of them discover that perhaps what they knew as the truth isn't the truth at all.

I am amazed at the world that was created by Ms. Revis and I'm still going over in my mind all the things I learned about the workings of the inhabitants of Godspeed and wondering about all the truths left to discover. While the cover insinuates a lot of romance, there isn't as much as you would think. However, this was not disappointing for me as there was still loads of things to keep me intrigued and glued to the pages. I loved the whole concept of this one and it did not disappoint in any way I can think of, for me at least.

I highly recommend reading this one!! The only disappointing thing for me is that I put off reading it for so long.

4 comments:

Lan said...

I have so been meaning to read this one for the longest time. Everyone is giving it great reviews. Glad to hear you liked it.

Giselle said...

Ooh I love lies and secret! haha. I just got this one last week so I plan to read it within a few months I'm SO curious! Great review!

Samantha said...

I really loved it!

roro said...

I REALLY LOVED THIS ONE/hence the capitalized letters
tnx 4 reviewin

Post a Comment

Thanks for any comments! I always try to comment back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...